Allied Health HAPPI Day
- Undergraduate students from local Universities
Purpose of Event
- To expose students to Allied Health disciplines at UNC-CH.
- To provide mini sessions on interview strategies, volunteerism, transfer credits, promoting self, and SEP summer program application.
- To enable students to observe a graduate class session
- To talk to student ambassadors of the dept.
- Students were asked to respond to an electronic survey regarding the events of the day. Responses were very favorable.
- Students who attended expressed interest in the disciplines of PT and SLP.
- Faculty and students followed up with email and face-to-face communications after the visit.
- Two students from the group were accepted to the SEP summer program.
“The HAPPI day was a successful event that helped me learn more about the process I need to take to reach my ultimate goal to become a therapist. I hope others can have this opportunity also. It was also very well-organized”
” Everything about this day was beneficial. The topics that were emphasized were useful and all information provided was amazing. This program gave me the opportunity to interact with people in the profession in a comfortable setting. Overall, I am grateful for the opportunity to have come and visited with the school on a more personal level.”
“I think that the event was very informative. It also helped confront the fears that I once had of graduate school. The graduate school students were very welcoming and were willing to help and answer any questions that we had.”