Gillings School of Global Public Health’s Mission
Our mission is to improve public health, promote individual well-being, and eliminate health disparities across North Carolina and around the world.
We bring about sustainable, positive changes in health by providing an outstanding program of research, teaching and service to:
- Educate the next generation of public health leaders;
- Discover, test and disseminate solutions to health threats and problems;
- Translate research into effective practices and sound policies; and
- Serve North Carolina and beyond through outreach, engagement, education of citizens and health professionals, and application of solutions to health threats and problems.
UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health is not only one of the largest public health schools in the country, it is one of the most consistently recognized for excellence. We are ranked the top public school of public health in the nation by U.S. News & World Report (2012 edition) and placed second among all public health schools.
Discipline Areas in Public Health:
- Environmental Health Sciences and Engineering
- Health Behavior
- Health Policy and Management
- Maternal and Child Health
- Public Health Leadership
UNC’s School of Public Health offers undergraduate and graduate level degrees in public health including the:
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH)
- Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Science in Public Health (MSPH)
- Master of Science (MS)
- Master of Science in Clinical Research (MSCR)
- Master of Science in Environmental Engineering (MSEE)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
- Community Preparedness and Disaster Management
- Core Public Health Concepts
- Field Epidemiology
- Global Health
- Maternal and Child Health Leadership
- Occupational Health Nursing
- Public Health Leadership
SPH Office of Student Affairs’ Mission (http://www.sph.unc.edu/student_affairs/office_of_student_affairs_936_8719.html)
Our mission is to foster conditions that attract top notch students and enable them to thrive. The results of our work should help the School of Public Health meet its goals of providing the finest education for future public health leaders and building the nation’s strongest programs for improving and protecting the health of the public.
To this end, we:
- Identify the needs of our student body and prospective students.
- Discover best, creative practices to address those needs directly or via faculty and staff in the School’s departments.
- Facilitate efficient and effective implementation of these best practices.
For more information please contact:
Coordinator for Diversity Programs & Recruitment
Office of Student Affairs
Gillings School of Global Public Health
263 Rosenau Hall, CB #7400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7400
Or visit our website: