Science Enrichment Preparation Program
Gain the competitive edge with SEP!
Held each summer on the UNC campus, the SEP Program is an eight-week, honors-level academic enrichment program for underrepresented minority, first generation, socioeconomically, and geographically disadvantaged students who seek admission into graduate/health professional programs. Additionally, students will receive educational supplies, lodging on the UNC campus, limited travel expenses (contingent upon funding) and a competitive stipend.
During the program, students:
- Engage in more than 150 hours of classroom instruction in physics, organic chemistry, human physiology and quantitative skills/biostatistics
- Attend classes and seminars in reading speed and comprehension, test-taking strategies, essay writing, and interview techniques
- Visit local health facilities and network with health care professionals
- Shadow a working professional based on their area of interest
SEP Application Guidelines & Criteria
The SEP Program accepts underrepresented minority, first generation, socioeconomically, and geographically disadvantaged students who are rising sophomores or juniors at time of application. All applicants must:
- be a rising sophomore or junior at the time of application
- complete a minimum of three semester hours each in math, biology and chemistry
- hold a 2.5 or above science or overall GPA
- be a US citizen or permanent resident (North Carolina residents receive preference)
Associate Director and College Outreach Coordinator
University of Chapel Hill
Student Academic Services Bldg.
South Suite 3307
CB#8010, 385 Manning Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-8010